Saturday, May 8, 2010

Introduction- First official blog!

Hi Everyone!!

My name is Kat. I am a 32 year old mother of two boys (2 years and 6 years old) and married to a wonderful husband for 13 years.

I've ben wanting to start a blog for a long time, but I didn't really know where to start- it seems that I was making it harder than it really was...

What do I want to talk about?? Everything and anything! I am a mom, woman, full time counselor, full-time doctoral student, and wife. I love photogrqphy, books, crafts, painting and drawing, academics, travel, movies, and just venting about life (we can all use a pity party once in a while ;) ).

I suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes and Fibromyalgia and once ina great while an asthma attack... I know, I know... I call myself the family genetic waste land of disease, but I still live a normal, very active and busy life.

My DH and I (but mostly him) decided we weren't going to have any more children, so I decided that I'm getting a tummy tuck this summer. I am so excited, surgery is scheduled July 1st.

This summer is going to be full of things to do:

June ~ Doctoral residency for a week in DC

July ~ Tummy tuck and Comprehensive Doctoral Exam (a week long test to prove my worth to graduate and move on to the Dissertation process).

August ~ Going to Orlando to see family and the Disney Parks. An experience not for the faint of heart... there will be a 7 yhear old, a 5 year old, a 2 year old and a 15 month old... so exciting, I can't wait!

September ~ Start the Dissertation process... yikes!!!

Anyway, I look forware to meeting some people, chatting it up and in the meantime provide some useful information for mom's out there that need a "time out spot".

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment